1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing the pickguard on 4003

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by factorplayer, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Got a black one to put on my JetGlo :bassist:

What is the recommended way to remove the knobs and switch screw?

2. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I use a little screwdriver for the knobs' set screws. (Slotted, not phillips.) A needlenose used with care works to get the threaded ring of the three way toggle.

3. pringlw

pringlw

Nov 22, 2008
    Seattle Area
    I'd love to do that as well on my Jetglo but I don't want a white miss matched truss rod cover if I do. Too bad Ric won't sell black ones so you can swap both to black.

4. I thought about that too we'll just see how it looks I guess.

and if don't like it I'll just take that truss rod cover and spray it black yo.

5. I think it will still match though as there will still be the white border stripe around the body

6. Well, that was a bust. The pickguard I got was a piece of crap, once I got it out of the wrap and tried to put it on it was obvious it wouldn't fit. the holes weren't lined up right, hell, the neck pickup wouldn't even fit right.

I see on the Rick site for pickguards the ones they sell come with the disclaimer "Screw holes and pickup holes (where applicable) may not line up on older models." - so I am thinking I got a pickguard meant for an older model. Which is frustrating because I had no clue before I bought it.