Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Changing the pickups on my Dean Edge fretless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bkchang79, Oct 28, 2002.

1. I recently bought a Dean Edge 4 fretless and the playbility and feel is impressive for $250. But, the sound that comes out of my amp just blows. I'm thinking about swapping the dean pickups for Bartolini's and changing the active preamp to a passive. I was looking at the bartolini's and I didn't see any pickups that fit the Dean (look like the pickups are rather large on the Dean). What involves changing a bass from active to passive? Has anyone done this to a Dean Edge? Thanks!

2. My knowledge about pickups is comparable to a barbarian's knowledge of indoor plumbing.

BUT

I don't see why you would want to spend hundreds of dollars for barts and switching the preamp for a little $250 bass.

3. Since this is an old posting I will just ask if you have switch out the EMG pickups to Barts? If not let me know because I just had this done to my Edge Q4 and I'm very pleased with the result. I can provide you with some info if you still need it. Take care.

4. I like the EMG 40s that I put in there. Saving up for the BQC preamp.