1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

changing the pre amp in a esp jm500

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by grogsi, Jun 14, 2007.

1. grogsi

grogsi

Oct 2, 2005
    hey guys

I have an esp jm500 (jeremy marshall signature edition 5 string bass)

I bought a warwick corvette double buck 5 string and it tears it to shreds tone wise.

I want to put a new pre amp in the jm500 so that it can compete on the same page as the warwick so I can use it at future gigs.

It has to soap bar emg's in it

I was wondering if anyone out there can suggest a solution to this issue.

Im looking for a tone in the range of a musicman stingray or a fender p if that is possible

I know im asking alot, hopefully some one will be able to help me out

Matt

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I don't think you're going to get anywhere close to a Stingray sound with that bass. Changing the pre and the pickups to MM style pickups would be your only choice, but the pickups aren;t in the right location anyways.

I'd put an Aguilar 3 band in it, with some new pickups as well. I don't really like EMG's very much.

If you want an SR sound...sell it and buy an SR!!!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021