1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing the voltage on an Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by katri, Dec 11, 2006.

1. I was wondering if it is possible to change the voltage an amp will run off without the amp having a switch for it? (e.g on the back of some of genz benz heads there is that red switch near the power supply. thats the switch im talkin bout) or, is there a way of installing a easily selctable voltage?

thanks
    Dan

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Depends on the amp.

Most Ampeg SVT series can be changed internally, for instance, but some other Amopeg series may not be, if they were made for US voltage.

I would think any export unit from any company should be re-connectable for most common world voltages.

3. thts what i was thinking i was wondering how easy it would be tho and would it be worht the extra trouble to save the cash

Dan

4. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Most good companies will provide you diagrams for your tech to do it, if you ask them by email/phone. You can take the diagrams to your tech and see how much it would cost.