Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CHANGING TO 18V

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Russy, Aug 26, 2002.

1. I love my emg pickups would not trade them for anything else.I have them for about 10 months and will soon be connecting another 9v battery to the existing one.Is there anything I should beware of like battery life or hissing.Any of you regret doing this.

I look forward to the tonal improvement though.

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    What are you talking about? Are you going to just splice in a second 9v to the original? What would this do, add to the signal leaving the bass? I might need to try this :D

What bass are you planning to do this to? I'm sure that you've checked, but is there enough room for the second battery?

3. I have the new cort action bass and yes there is space for another battery.

4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    What is the point?

5. to add more headroom aka bass output, and your location isnt very funny man, there are some "fruitcakes" here

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    "Corsicana, TX. Home of the Collin Street Bakery. Known the world over for their fruitcakes." Has been covered by the Food network, among others, for the mass production of fruitcake.

As sad as it may seem, that is our claim to fame. Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. Do you just splice in a second batery?

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  8. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I managed to fit two 9v batts in my jazz. Didnt notice much of a difference, but it couldnt hurt!!