1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CHANGING TO BUTTERFLY TUNING PEGS

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by guitardefector, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Hi all. I just purchased a Squier P-bass on Craigslist. Straightened the neck a bit and adjusted the pups, etc... It sounds amazing, believe it or not!!!

However, I "personally" don't like the triangle-shaped tuners it came with. Is it possible to mod it with the traditional butterfly tuners or are the holes too small for this bass?? Thanks.

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    it can be done, but it will involve some woodwork.

also, unless you get expensive lightweight versions, they will add weight to the headstocks, which can make the thing balance a little neck-heavy.

3. Iceman1334

Iceman1334

Feb 22, 2010
    I actually have a similar question. I have an older Ibanez Iceman bass and I was wondering if it were possible to fit butterfly tuners on it or not. the headstock is kinda funny shaped and skinny and I wasn't sure if it would work or not. Yeah, I know many people would think that would look weird, but I guess I just like weird:D