1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Changing V-V-T to Blend-Volume-Tone

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Aaron, Jul 3, 2002.

  1. Aaron


    Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I want to change the controls on my mim jazz bass. I beleive the pots are stock. I need to know what pots i would need as well as how to wire it. I'm fine working with a solder gun.
  2. Hey, I did just the same thing a while ago.
    Took a bit of time but I found just the right diagram... I knew I still had the link somewhere...

    Second diagram from the top.

    It's actually pretty easy, as long as you don't get confused by all the wires. After I had that sorted out it worked just fine, even though I didn't have much experience with soldering.

    Good luck with your bass!
  3. Thanks displaced. ;) good site.


  4. mikeboth

    mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

    Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Arrghh .... I tried that mod, and as I suspected when the neck and bridge pu's are balanced in level (minimum hum) the overall level is lower than when the blend control is panned to one extreme or the other (this was using a 100k dual-gang pot).

    Time to install a little active buffer / blend circuit methinks.....

  5. ahpook


    Jul 13, 2001
    i'd like to do this, but i'd want a blend with a detent

Share This Page