1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing your settings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by roger winkler, Aug 12, 2007.

1. I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum so feel free to move it. Do any of you fellow TB'ers have to change your bass and or amp head settings for the different gigs or rooms you play in? The last 3 places I've played I've had to change to either more highs or more lows to get a good cut through the mix sound. This gets kinda irritating cause I'm so used to plugging in and playing. I guess maybe my ears are starting to actually hear what sounds good and what doesn't. Thanks for any input. :help:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is the main reason EQ exists. Every room is acoustically different, so god gave us EQ to deal with it. He likes Eden EQ the best, BTW.

3. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    I always fiddle with eq settings at least a little. Occasionally I'll play in a room that is very echoey or difficult to get a good sound in. Just last Friday I played an old, square wooden room. Very lively and I didn't really have it dialed so that I was satisfied with the sound 'til about half way through the gig. I used mainly the onboard eq though rather than the amp (I have an active bass). Lowered the bass and kicked up the mids quite a bit and it was acceptable. :rolleyes:

FWIW: It was a ballroom dancing club gig and it was a riot! I'd do another one in a heartbeat despite the echoes.

:bassist:

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I have a soundman named Eugene.

I just let go and let Eugene as far as the FOH is concerned.

Otherwise, I use a bit of bass boost for my Ric, and just run my Pbass flat for monitor stuff onstage.

5. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    Id have to disagree, He made eden EQ for looks, We never actually have to touch it, always slicing like a hot knife through butter! ;)

6. Thanks guys. All I have to do now is to try and remember what settings I used for each of the rooms I've played in the past, cause I know I'll be doing repeat performances in theses rooms again. ROCK ON DUDES. :bassist: :hyper: :D