Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Charles Baldwin - Emeril Live Band

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Juneau, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Ok ok, so they arent touring the world or putting out CD's but the band is actually pretty good. I looked up who the bassist was today and couldnt find much more info on him. It looks to me he plays Sadowsky's, allthough they never show him much on the show.

Anyone else think these guys are pretty good and know for sure what kind of bass he plays?

2. Takin' it to anther level! So what if they're not touring- that is one sweet gig. No traveling, short sets, no smoking or drunken fools(well not many, I imagine), plus the FOOD!
    I though I saw a Tobias on there- this was awhile back, & we don't watch TV anymore, but the band I saw was teeyight.

3. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    That would be my dream gig. Good food, one song during commercial breaks, that's the life.

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Yeah I was thinking that would be an awesome gig. Short sections of music, probably one song, then a break on stage. AND get to eat Emeril food, what more could you want? Not to mention national exposure on TV every week.

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    there is a similar gig that I covered a couple times here in ATL for the Funk Jazz Kafe during their spoken word and poetry slams... I think that we played a total of 45 minutes over a 3 hour time slot. Only playing the spaces and inbetween performers.

Fun Stuff, kinda made me feel guilty to receive the check at the end of the night... felt like we didn't play for all that long.

6. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Doc Gibbs and the Emeril Live Band is the reason I started watching Food Network.

7. Sir Charles rocks! He used to play a Tobias 6'er on the show then played a Fender Jazz 5 for awhile. His main bass nowadays is a Sadowsky NYC 24 fret 5 with soapbars. He can groove!

8. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i seem to remember him playing a warwick vette 6er and an MTD 6.

9. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Maybe he just has a stable like many of us. I've so far only seen the black Sadowsky with maple board.

10. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    When I started the Emeril Live show in 2001 I used a Tobias Classic 6 that was made around 1990. It was one of the last ones to come out of the Tobias California shop. One of if not the best Bass I ever owned. It saw a lot of road mileage over the years. I played it exclusively until 2003 when I started using Fender J's and Sadowsky's around 2004.

Charles Baldwin

11. JazzBassMayn

JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    That show is one of my new favorite shows! My whole family watches it. I think it's pretty neat and unique to have a percussionist as the front man. I used to be a percussionist so that's why i find it rather enjoyable. The band is great, plus they get to play with guest musicians on occation. Could go for some more bass coverage though.

12. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    Thanks for watching the show JazzBassMayn

Charles Baldwin

13. Thanks for posting, Charles!

It's very cool to have you on the forum!

14. Volk

Volk

Dec 18, 2005
    South Jersey
    Wow, that's awesome, I've only seen the show a few times (more of an Iron Chef man myself, and not Iron Chef America...) but I was still digging the band.

15. Hey Charles!

You're one of the reasons I turn on Emeril. Well,......The foods good too. ;)

Love the band!

+1, Tell Emeril we want more bass. :bassist:

16. Bam!!!

Yeah!!! More bass!!!

17. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'd be watching the show anyway since I love cooking shows (and I love to cook), but the Emeril Live Band sweetens the deal. That's gotta be a nice gig. :)

18. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    Thanks for the watching the show and thanks for the words of inspiration. I'll continue to protest for more Bass, Thanks again:bassist:

Charles

19. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
  20. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    salut!:bassist: