1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Charles Cote Continuum Basic 4 Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by FishBulb, Feb 18, 2003.

1. 1998 Charles Cote Continuum 4 Basic. Hand Carved Jazz Style Bass. Dark red stain, black pearl pickgaurd. S/N 98012

Asking Price: $800 OBO

I acquired this bass through a trade with a friend of mine. He wanted my G&L L-2000, and I kind of wanted another Jazz Bass. However, this thing is heavy. I've had it since may 2000, and it's served me well. However, the need for a 5 string have become a necessity.

Real slim nick profile, thin frets, easy player. Bad ass II bridge. Modification: Added Hipshot bass extender key, and tuning keys are still the original Hipshot keys, but with y-keys instead of clover leaf.

Also, has some belt buckle scratches, and some marks from when I installed straplocks

Has tweed hard case in excellent condition.

Any questions, let me know.

FishBulb
    Minneapolis, Minnesotadrewq@msnet.org

2. Weight of the bass is 10.5 - 11lbs. Not as bad as I initially thought.

Also, here's a new pic of the finish, you can see the oil finish really show's the grain.

FisHBulb