Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Charlie Brown/Peanuts theme song

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by swanky, Oct 21, 2002.

1. swanky

swanky

Oct 21, 2002
    massachusetts
    butt. i cant figure ok how to play stu hamms version of the charlie brown peanuts thing or whatever is it called. does anyone have a tab for it? or maybe someone could tell me what key it is in...that would help. i am not too amazing at figuring out what other people are playing, so any help would be appreciated.

2. swanky

swanky

Oct 21, 2002
    massachusetts
    oh yeah... please:)

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It's in the TB Tab archives, under Hamm comma Stu. (There might not be a comma.) The name of the song is "Linus and Lucy".

4. It's also played in 2 hand tap stlye, if that helps any. Very fun song to play once you get it down. It took me about a month and I'm still having a hell of a time with it.

5. swanky

swanky

Oct 21, 2002
    massachusetts
    dudes i am a moron. thanks a lot. it helps knowing what its called.:D

6. i went to ultimateguitar.com and was appalled to find that they called silverchair 'punk' :spit:

7. Ironic this thread came up...I just recently took Linus and Lucy and built a bass solo around it...I love it! In fact, Im gonna bust it out to the audience at tomorrow nights show! Wish me luck, Ill let ya know....

8. Linus and Lucy..

one of the first tapping song i learnt ..!!!!!

As i always tell people....

Think of Tapping as playing the piano and u cant go far wrong...

start slow
    learn the bass part
    learn the melody part

put each bit together note by note....very slowly and build and build..:)...

9. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    There's a tab for it here.

10. Bluegrass boy

Bluegrass boy

Sep 6, 2014
    Can anyone help me with this bass tab?

Thuddy Waters likes this.
  11. EarnestTBass

EarnestTBass

Feb 3, 2015
    I do not have the tab, but I do have a piano score (bass and treble clef) for "Linus and Lucy" which is true to the original composition by Vince Guaraldi. The tune, rightly or wrongly, is scored in key signature A flat (4 flats). Then, the first section alternates between A flat major and C flat major. Your confusion with determining the key is understandable (and shared).

If you wish to send me an email address, I will be glad to give you what I have.