Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Charlie Haden in Vancouver!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by XavierG, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Pardon my excitement but I feel like a child anxiously waiting for dawn to break on Christmas. The Vancouver Jazz Festival is on and there are some really hot numbers this year. I've got my tickets for Metalwood and others. What's really got me excited is Charlie Haden's "Nocturne" with Gonzalo Rubalcaba this Saturday (w/ David Sanchez on sax, Ignacio Berroa on drums, Frederico Britos Ruiz on violins). Can't wait!

2. I'd love to hear Charlie in a purely Latin setting. He's got such an amazing sense of rhythm.

Kicking myself: I could have gone to see Metalwood a few weeks back. They played the Rochester Jazz Festival and I could have gotten in with my JazzPass. I was tired, though, and decided not to go, even though the show was across the street.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    That ought to be a great show. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the pleasure of hearing Haden live...but I hope to someday. Enjoy!

4. bassbloke

bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    UK
    Understand your excitement. I'm off to the North Sea Jazz festival in The Hague in July. This will be my first visit but if it's as good as I expect it could become an annual pilgrimage.

The line-up is awesome. Bass players alone include George Mraz, Percy Heath, Christian McBride, NHOP, Dave Holland, Charnett Moffet, Ed Livingstone, Steve Swallow, Marcus Miller, Anthony Jackson, Stanley Clarke, Victor Wooten, Jimmy Haslip. Looking forward to a mind-blowing three days.

5. twig

twig

Aug 5, 2001
    London UK
    Also on the Charlie Haden theme, in the Barbican, London UK.
    10th July, Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny performing music from "Beyond the Missouri Sky" !!!!!!