Charlie Hunter's "Right Now Move" anyone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by alexssandro, May 19, 2003.

1. It's probably just a matter of time till I buy this one, but has anyone heard the latest album from Charlie Hunter? I really liked "Songs From the Analog Playground." But I wish there were more instrumental tunes on that one. Does the latest disc pretty much follow the "Analog Playground" vibe, or does it head into another direction?

The guy gets better every time I hear him. I mean, he plays solid bass lines, he has a cool "bass" tone, and his ability to play simlutaneous bass/melody/comping keeps improving.
  2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Charlie's got a groove! I have the newest, don't have "analog" so i can't compare--have 3 or so other charlie disc's though--this is all instrumental, consistent w/ other discs by him. Quintet features trombone (which i like) and some harmonica (which i'm mixed on--kind of a clean toots thielman thing)

also picked up garage a trois w/ charlie and galactic's stanton moore on drums, also got an older stanton moore solo cd w/ charlie on it. I'd reccomend both of these if you're into charlie--i love stanton--dude's a hoot!

Garage a trois coming to my area in a few weeks, hope to check them out!