1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Charlie & The Choc. Factory

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I just saw a little preview and I'm not sure if this is a good idea now. Of course the original is always going to be the best, but I really hope this isn't going to get butchered like say....Planet of the Apes 2. Can Burton pull this off? Let's hope so. I love Depp and all and it does look pretty trippy - any thoughts/comments?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i loved the book...it taught me that LSD is OK.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I enjoyed the book, but I enjoyed the original movie more(believe it or not) Already I'm pretty disappointed with this remake. It sounded like a strong plan, but now I'm worried it's just going to be stupid. That trailer really left much to be desired. Ah well, I'll still end up seeing it I'm sure :meh:

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Let's be clear--this IS NOT A REMAKE.

Simply because they have the same source material doesn't mean that it's a remake of the original movie.

This one isn't going to be a musical. This one isn't going to have orange Oompa Loompas. And, most importantly, this one is going to retain the actual title of the book, and, it will probably be a heck of a lot closer to the vibe/intention of Dahl. He absolutely hated the movie with Gene Wilder.

I am a big fan of the Willy Wonka movie, but I certainly don't think there is anything in it that precludes a different take on the source material.

5. oddly enough... I knew it was Tim Burton the second I saw the preview :p