Charlie & The Choc. Factory

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I just saw a little preview and I'm not sure if this is a good idea now. Of course the original is always going to be the best, but I really hope this isn't going to get butchered like say....Planet of the Apes 2. Can Burton pull this off? Let's hope so. I love Depp and all and it does look pretty trippy - any thoughts/comments?
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i loved the taught me that LSD is OK.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I enjoyed the book, but I enjoyed the original movie more(believe it or not) Already I'm pretty disappointed with this remake. It sounded like a strong plan, but now I'm worried it's just going to be stupid. That trailer really left much to be desired. Ah well, I'll still end up seeing it I'm sure :meh:
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Let's be clear--this IS NOT A REMAKE.

Simply because they have the same source material doesn't mean that it's a remake of the original movie.

This one isn't going to be a musical. This one isn't going to have orange Oompa Loompas. And, most importantly, this one is going to retain the actual title of the book, and, it will probably be a heck of a lot closer to the vibe/intention of Dahl. He absolutely hated the movie with Gene Wilder.

I am a big fan of the Willy Wonka movie, but I certainly don't think there is anything in it that precludes a different take on the source material.
  5. oddly enough... I knew it was Tim Burton the second I saw the preview :p