1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Charlie Wright's

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by sir juice, Apr 11, 2009.

1. sir juice

sir juice

Sep 11, 2006
    London, England
    It was wicked,

Thankyou.

(I was the quiet guy with the next year Academy guitarist)

2. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://bassstudio.janekgwizdala.com
    my pleasure, was great fun to be playing in London with the band.

Easy,

Janek

3. sir juice

sir juice

Sep 11, 2006
    London, England
    By the way, I paid for the recordin of it on artonearth, but it won;t download the mp3s, despite it being in the "My Music" section, any idea what's going wrong?

4. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    that's very strange. please send an email to support@artonearth.com and outline the problems you're having with it and one of the engineers will get back to you ASAP and fix it.

Easy,

Janek

5. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Hmm, I had this problem. Are they downloading as "tmp" flash files or something strange like that? The trick is - wait! And they will download in time. There just seems to be no visual indication of it being downloaded. Download all the files (right click and save) and then just wait five minutes - and check the folder again. They should be mp3 files.

I was on the brink of emailing art on earth until I realised they had transformed into real life mp3s!

As for the gig - Janek was burning! As was the band. One of the best I've been to. I've also since downloaded all of Oli Rockberger's stuff which is brilliant too.

Good luck with those MP3s. And thanks again, Janek - please continue to put your gigs up! Travelling Band is one of my favourites - on the first night in CW's you had me absolutely captivated.

6. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the kinds words. and also for the art on earth info about downloading. I haven't actually downloaded any music from there myself yet as I'm involved in the backend of it all as an employee.... but good to know it's working right now either way. THere will be some bugs along the way as we are in beta test mode right now, but it should be totally ironed out over the coming months and run really really well.

I've just posted three of the other shows from the UK, and both sets from Barcelona are uploading as we speak and will probably go live tomorrow when I've had the artwork made for them.

BTW, traveling band is now called "something to hold on to". Oli wrote words for it on the way up to edinburgh in the middle of the tour and it's now a co written song which I'm really happy about. I'm uploading a couple of different versions to AreOnEarth this week.

Thanks for the support.

Easy,

Janek