1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CHARTS, SCORES, Sheet music - Free on internet?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GreggBummer, Apr 27, 2010.

1. First my apologies if I posted this in the wrong thread, or my search skills did not turn up appropriate information.

Is there an internet site or resource that has jazz, rock, or blues charts and scores available? I am not looking for tablature. I am not looking for bass specific charts either... keyboard/piano charts would be fine.

Free would be great, but I also want legal music. I am not interested in ripping off anyone. Someone elses interpretation or arrangement would be fine. I understand that there are legal issues here...

The purpose here is to improve my reading skills. Also, I am more and more becoming my bands part time keyboardist. I need to find a different songs to work on. While I can play some of them by ear (Warewolves Of London) there are those I would like to be able to read (Chameleon).

Thank you for your help.

2. Hi there,

For lead sheets this site is excellent. It's a wiki site, so people upload sheets for others to download.

www.wikifonia.org

You can transpose the sheets to different keys and then download a PDF. Everything is in treble clef with chord symbols. You could always download the MusicXML file, import it into a music notation program and then change the clef and transpose the melody in there, if you so desire.

Have fun.

3. WOW! That is really cool.