1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Submission Chase Me by ConFunkShun (70's style slap)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Hari Seldon, Dec 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon

Dec 27, 2016
    Here's an addictive slap tune from ConFunkShun called Chase Me. The album version is an envelope filtery kind of sound, but the live version (which I used for the attached transcription) is a fairly clean tone. Straight up 70's funk that probably requires only moderate slap skills for ~90% of the song. Super fun to play.

The transcription is of the version that appears on "Original Artist Hit List: ConFunkShun". It's available from your usual MP3 vendor as well as here on Spotify:

EDIT: just to add that the original recording I've linked to is about 20 - 30 cents flat by my ear. YMMV

Enjoy!

--Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Nice job!

3. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon

Dec 27, 2016
    Thanks! I probably spend too much time trying to transcribe as accurately as possible, and then I look back on that time spent and wonder if it was worth it. Anywho. Hope others enjoy it.

4. hsp-sandiego

hsp-sandiego

Oct 22, 2014
    San Diego
    Thank you Hari - played the transcription before listening to the tune (haven't heard this one for many years, but love the band), great slap line and transcription work. thanks again.

JimK and Hari Seldon like this.
  5. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    We are always striving for perfection.

LeeNunn likes this.