cheap 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by outofstep, Mar 8, 2003.

1. outofstep

Dec 5, 2001
    Sonoma, CA
    I'm looking to get a new road cab... we're about to hit the road again, and after 3 weeks of mayhem at punk rock shows my old cab is pretty messed up to say the least... I need a 410, cheap. any suggestions of brands other then avatar? anyone selling one, cheap? :)
  2. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Peaveys are always reliable and inexpensive - plus they sound pretty good. I'm sure you could pick up TX/TFX/TVX-410 for a decent price.
  3. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    a peavey or a used Hartke can take quite a beating........or an ampeg. I toured with all three and believe me, they are road-worthy!
  4. for that kind of bread, why not get one of these?

5. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    he asked for brands "other than avatar."

I second the used peavey suggestion. Those things can take a beating, they're cheap, and they sound alright.
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My Nemisis 4x10 is great value. Cheap for a 4x10, lightweight, pretty loud. The horn isn't great at high volume but that's an easy fix.
  7. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
  8. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Can someone tell me how much the Genz Benz cabs go for? The 4x10 and 6x10 maybe too?
  9. sowry, I caint reed reel guud. :D

Ill third the suggestion, as well.
  10. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I think theres something wrong with the site, but if you go to ebay, theres a ebay store called all-speakers, and they sell the x-audios, theyll probaly have a 410 in stock
  11. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i happen to know where a peavey tvx is in great condition for sale;) look in the classifieds