1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cheap badass alternative??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jordan_frerichs, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
    i am broke, and want to upgrade the bridge on my p. i found on ebay someone selling individual saddles. can i swap the stock saddles for BA II saddles? will it improve my bridge?

2. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    changing the saddles isnt going to do much for you. The magic of the Badass lies within its total weight and material that its made of. Save up the money or buy a different bridge.

3. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    You should be able to get a Badass of eBay for around $60 incl. shipping.

4. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
  5. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I got my Badass V for 75$ after shipping from Ebay. It did wonders for the bass.

6. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Gotoh makes some nice bridges at half the price of the Badass.

7. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    I just put a Gotoh 201 bridge on my MIM Fender P. It is quite solid. I like the way the strings feel now and I think the tone is a bit beefier. I did have to shim the neck to get the action lower since the bridge is thicker than the old one. Now the action is actually lower than before. I love the switch. They are $30.00 at Warmoth.com I have a BadassII on my Geddy Lee and feel the Gotoh is just as good.

8. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    Hipshot makes a great bridge that's half the price of the Badass.