cheap bass in denmark

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vindy500, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Hi guys on the 8th of may i leave my home country New Zealand to live in Denmark. now i play a cort c4z which i got cheap through my work (work in music shop) which i love but however is not going to be realistic to get it to denmark. now im going to be very poor when i get there so wont be able to buy a decent bass so im looking at just getting a real cheapie to last me the year that i'll be in denmark. We stock SX at my work which i have been impressed with but cannot find any sign that you can get them in dk. are there any equivalent type of brands that i could get there... or neighbouring countries... was looking at the harley bensons on some german site... has anyone got some ideas for me?
  2. sell SX. Probably not the cheapest but worth a look at their site.
  3. did a google serach but no luck...what is waltons?
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Can't you remove the neck on your current bass for travel?
  5. RunngDog

RunngDog Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Why aren't you just bringing the Cort?
  6. Waltons is a small shop in Dublin, Ireland. There not the best for prices but they do sell SX basses. You'd probably be better off buying an SX secondhand in the local market. Another option is to take a look at , and These are large warehouse type stores that are nearly always a lot cheaper than local retail. The transport costs from these stores is normally less than €20. These stores have a large selection of basses in each price point.

I hope that helps.

7. will the neck be safe in a suitcase?
  8. I have brought several basses home with from US to DK without any problems,
    fitting them in the overhead. Just use a gig bag and be early at the gate.

Anycase :

There's "Den Blå Avis" for 2nd hand: "Musikinstrumenter og Udstyr"->"Basguitarer"

Local music store in Copenhagen has a cort JB sunburst at 1295.-
    which should be around 330 kiwis...The cheapest I could find locally.

I have purchased (and been to) as somone mentioned, they are cheap
    well stocked and reliable but unfortunately also located near Nürnberg, almost 800 k's south
    of here so try before buy is difficult. I tried various harley bensons there but not enough to give
    an opinion...was definately playable though.

Whats your budget ?
  9. the cort jb, we have one in my shop for $329, same price... im thinking i might try and take my bass seperately with the body in my bag and hopefully the neck will be ok in a large suitcase surrounded by clothes?
  10. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    You can bring your Cort in a flightcase or take it apart and mail it(just remember to pad it well;) its safety depends on your skills with bubble wrap and duct tape).I've done this several times as I've lived between DK and Australia for a number of years and have had to bring more than one bass with me.
    But that said, you can buy a cheap used one up here for the postage you pay to send it. In either case, there is no problem.
  11. zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    the best idea i heard was take your case and fill it with some of your clothes ect and have your bass in a gig bag. If the person for whatever stupid reason wont allow a carry on (which on the plane can be stowed in numerous safe places if the overhead is full)...then check it in in the case.

plan b ..well just remove the neck and clingfilm it with body ...and put it in a backpack.....check the gigbag in with clothes in it because you will need at least a gigbag in denmark....whats the problem??