1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JerryOh, Oct 28, 2018.

1. JerryOh

JerryOh

Aug 15, 2018
    Just put an order in for a cheap Jazz Bass from guitar fetish. Reason to learn to set it up and do some modifications on it . Have wanted to build one but to get a good finish on the body is another thing .Also did not realize how many Pickup manufactures there are outside of the norm .

Malak the Mad, patrickj and scuzzy like this.
  2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

cool beans! you have to share pics, of course, but it would be cool if you led us on your journey (primrose path?), too. i've always been intrigued by their basses --- but i don't use frets and they have no fretless offerings. i wish i did sometimes because there are a lot of cool axes on their website...and they're affordable! i just saw an NBD P-bass from guitar fetish (i can't find the thread to link it, sorry): it looked real nice.

but i've used some of their pickups (redactives) and hardware = all good!

just be sure to share your experience with the ax, the setups, and the modifications. thanks! good luck with your project! :thumbsup:

3. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    You’ll love it. I have 2 (a P and a J). Better than Rondo. Can’t find a pic of the P, but I basically Geddy cloned the J.

0C9A0E7E-0134-4A50-A2F2-D5F4FB916263.

4. JerryOh

JerryOh

Aug 15, 2018
    I have always enjoyed tampering with old basses mostly in pawn shops or even yard sales.