1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap Behringer Bass pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KeithPas, Dec 30, 2006.

1. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I just got four Behringer Bass effect pedals, a DI/overdrive/preamp unit, an Octaver, a Bass Chorus and a booster pedal. For $20.00-$25.00 brand new these pedals sound good and are well put together. So far I'm impressed.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice. I've had some experience with the Vintage Overdrive pedal and felt the same way.

3. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    How well does that octaver track? Can you compare it to any other octave pedals?

4. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    It has been a while since I used a Boss OC2 and I have never used an EBS but I would say it tracks pretty well, as good as the octaver in my Ashdown head.

5. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    i have and use the Behringer Bass Chorus and the Octaver every show for almost a year now. They are holding up very well. I find the Octaver tracks well until I go below open A, then it kinda drops in and out, very similar to the Ultrabass effect in my Bass Vamp Pro. I never use the second octave.

I also have a Boss OC2 and while I have not done much in the way of a head to head comparison, the Boss stays home and the Behringer goes to gigs.

6. i imagine the octave effect is the very one thats built into the ultra bass range (including vamp), if thats the case then it tracks better than the octave on the bass pod and the signal is more stable (the pod had NO sustain on the 'synth' patches), i find that the one in my amp can cope even with my open B without jumping too much but when am i gonna octave my B???

im really thinking of getting a selection of those behringer lawsuit stomps i LOVE the tone of the muff and if the behringer can 'copy' it for that price then its mine hehe the phaser is tweaking my interest too

7. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I used the Octaver and the Chorus this morning at church. I noticed the chorus sounds very very nice, easily as good as the Boss Bass Chorus. The Octaver sounds good and tracks well to A but a light touch seems to bring the best out of the effect. Digging in tto much produces a distorted effect on top that does not sound as good.

8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I am also impressed with the Behringer pedals. Lots of people moan about them being crap etc, but I have had no problems. I have the Bass Chorus, Bass Overdrive, Hell Babe Wah, Tremolo and tuner, and I have had no problems at all. Good sounds, good price.

Winner!

9. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Sweden
    I love the ones i have and had, i curently have the Ultra phase shifter, the bass chorus and there MIC200 tube preamp. I have owned the Ultra flanger which i regret selling!

10. wayshot

wayshot

Sep 25, 2006
    Namsos, Norway
    I recently bought the Behringer BLE100 Bass Limiter Enhancer. It does the job well, without colouring the sound - unless the Enhance knob is used excessively. I haven't been able to compare it with other compressor/limiter pedals, but a couple of Harmony Central reviewers stated that it sounds better than the Boss LMB-3.

I suppose it might get replaced with an Aphex Punch Factory whenever I can afford one.

11. I have the Bass Di, Bass Overdrive, and Compressor. The Bass Di is great as a lot of people have said. The overdrive is my favorite Overdrive, I like the distortion better than my MXR Bass DI+. The compressor is just so so, the Boss version has a more full bass sound(capacitor mod?). I wish they would make a bass synth and a midi looper.

12. I have the DI, the tuner and the chorus. I use the tuner most but the DI works really well, especially with small combo amps The chorus sounds nice, but I rarely get a chance to use it.

13. i just ordered the bass overdive and vintage phaser should be here in a few days so i'll pop my opinions of those up then, i also ordered a wasabi chorus trem (danelectro) too cos i love trem on my bass.

14. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    i have the behringer multi-effect single pedal one.. it was $25 and i couldn't help it.

it is okay. i use it sometimes for the tremolo. the pedal is sort of murky sounding (especially when chained with other pedals-perhaps not a true bypass), but it did a better job in the studio of making my bass replicate a rhodes (twin peaks sound), but i think the boss tremolo sounds a bit cleaner.

the other effects in the multi-pedal: phaser, flange, chorus, delay, pitch are very average sounding, the delay is actually not too bad, but i still keep it in my gig bag for emergencies. it's an easy one-fix if i'm in a rut.

i had some problems with my bass signal peaking out when i dug in too much while playing, and so i tried out the behringer limiter. i did not like it at all, so i might expect the same for the compressor. the limited was too finicky.

i am interested (due to the price) at buying a few of the behringer pedals, but hopefully they are not as murky as the one i have.

i also thought about their DI, but i heard in reviews that the DI signal did not have a very hot output.

mm

15. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I use the DI pedal and I have no noticed the output being low.

16. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have the Limiter/Enhancer, Bass Overdrive, and ADI21 Acoustic DI (which I use for upright). They all sound great, and I haven't had a problem with them yet.

I used to own a Boss Limiter/Enhancer and Bass Overdrive, the pedals these are a copy of, and I think the Behringer sound just as good.

17. just got the vintage phaser today, all is good on the phaser front slow sweeps to wide warbles are all controlled by the one knob and 1 switch (rate and shift mode up/down).

so far i haven't had any bottoming out at low end and the top end has a little cut but not extreme just a smoothing out of the highs.

construction is fine (the pot taper feels a little loose, tho not wobbly it rotates a little too easy), nice and sturdy the switch has a nice clunk click to it, the battery sits on the hole cover like a dunlop wah so its secure and not rattling inside the box.

18. paganman7

paganman7

Jan 2, 2007
    Tucson, AZ
    I own the Ultra Flanger, and I love it. It's clearly not the best pedal I own, but I got it for only $18 and it performs perfectly. Since I'm not in a band, don't record, and only play recreationally in my home, I couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a pedal. In fact, of all of my pedals, my most expensive was my ODB-3 ($89). Behringer products are perfect for my needs. I can't play like Justin Chancellor, Les Claypool, or Geddy Lee, so I don't need their gear.

19. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I have the EQ, Bass Chorus, UltraFlanger, Delay and tuner by Behringer.

I tried two different delay pedals by them and they both "pop" when engaged and disengaged. Other than that, it does work.

The EQ works but the sliders are touchy and aren't "solid" like the BOSS one is. However at the price just daisy chain 2 or 3 EQ pedals and crazy glue the settings if you want.

Haven't played much with the flanger yet.

DCat

20. I owned the BDI21, Bass EQ, metal, distortion and phaser. Quite cheap and usable for a while, but I trade it all for a Zoom B2