Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap but decent practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ppanousos, May 3, 2005.

1. ppanousos

ppanousos

Apr 10, 2005
    Greece
    Im looking for a cheap goodsounding amp strickly for practicing at home.Any suggestions?

2. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    You beat me to it bluesman! Find one of those used, and you will be in business.

3. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Peavey Microbass.

4. +1 on the microbass or a used hartke kickback .

5. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Used Ampeg B-100R. Anything less and you'll probably be upgrading soon anyway. Save yourself some money by betting something good up front.

6. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Bass NW (bassnw.com) has a few of them going new (used at a Jazz Festival once) for $440/each.

If you want classic tone, go with the B100R.

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Used.

8. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    genz benz intro combos. i have the intro 50 with a 12 inch speakers and a tweeter. little thing is light, compact, versitile, and impressively loud for only 50 watts. i can get any tone from zeppellin/sabbath rumble to snappy 311/rhcp funk. someone had one for sale on the classified section i think.

9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I use a 20.00 set of Altec computer speakers from Walmart (with the little sub woofer.) Both my basses are active and it works. I had to make up a connection from 1/8 to 1/4''. Depending on how hot the bass is, you can overdrive it some. It is fairly low volume, but it is small and I can stick it in a soft brief case for traveling. I don't really like using headphones and this is a fun alternative.