cheap cab and head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by morty25, Jul 28, 2002.

1. I was wondering does any one know were i could get a reasonably good and cheap head and cab. Ive looked in quite a few different websites but everything is very dear. if youre wondering im not a cheap skate with no home im living with my parents and i dont have a job just:rolleyes:

thanks morty
  2. For good, reliable, inexpensive cabs go to Avatar Cabs
  3. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    It's a good thing you aren't a cheapskate with no home, I mean, where would you put the cab? Or do you intend to open it up and and sleep inside it?

Seriously though, buy used. As far as cheaper heads go, Hartke, SWR workingman, Eden Nemesis and Gallien Krueger are where it's at.

How much are you trying to spend? If you have less than $400 you're not going to get anything worthwhile (unless you're very lucky.) If you don't have $600 or so to spend, you might be better off with a large combo than a head/cab stack.
  4. I'll second that...Hartke heads(I own a 3500)

and Avatar Cabs(Dont own one...YET) There's a 3500 to be had for 275 in the for sale's...I'd say $500 would get a small stack....Too bad I don't have $500....
  5. Hartke 3500 and Avatar 4x10 (also w/ 1x15 if you can afford it)

enough said.
  6. I've been messing about with vintage amps of late. I wonder whether this might be a source of lower cost gear for you.

If the external condition doesn't matter too much to you, around £50 to £75 should get you a 100 Watt head: something like a Carlsbro / one of the lesser sought-after heads. Likewise, and by way of an example, I know of an old Carlsbro 4 x 12 cab for about the same ££. Not exactly modern stuff, I agree, but you'd be set up with something functional and loud for about £150.

Don't expect to get a Marshall, Orange, HiWatt or anything for this ££, though!!!

Thry private ads, pawn shops and these small, back-street music shops for this stuff.

Just a thought. :D

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Morty is in Ireland and I'm sure that shipping costs for Avatars to Ireland would cost many multiples of the very reasonable cost of the cabinets...if Dave would even ship to Ireland.

I'm not sure of gear prices in Europe but I think that we're really spoiled in the US that we have access to lots of great gear at bargain prices.

Buy used!!!!