Cheap, cheap, cheap bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Jul 21, 2005.

1. I'm looking for a guinia (sp?) pig bass for my projects I want to start doing, such as adding my own logo to the headstock, scalloping frets, etc. so I don't screw up my "nice" bass ( hahaha, Ibanez GSR200)

Like, seriously, the cheapest I can find. Like 50 friggin dollars. Is ebay the place to go?
  2. will there always be basses this CHEAP and crappy out htere for me to buy? because I'm saving my money for a nice bass at the moment, although I have a birthday coming up.
  3. wait... found an even cheaper one: HERE

**EDIT** nevermind... shipping is $65 :meh:
  4. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    SX is always a good way to go. You can get some P-basses for like $80.

5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I just wanted to say... Opeth most definitly does rock. Damnation, I think, is their best album.

6. Yeah, now that I think about it an SX would be better. If your going to experiment on a cheap bass get the best cheap bass you can find.
  7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Yup an SX would be the way to go!
  8. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    an essex bass will give you a good neck, which in my opinon is the number one bummer about most cheap basses. It's not much cash, and if it turns out well, you will have a good playing bass. If you get good results from your experiments and the neck goes bad you have wasted your time. Remember, you can polish a turd all you want, but if you started with a turd, it is still going to be a turd when you finish polishing it.
    I just PM'd you with another idea.