Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cheap dealers (EDEN) in central europe?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hr_bert, Jun 7, 2003.

1. hr_bert

hr_bert

Jun 5, 2003
    austria, linz
    hi,
    does anyone know a cheap and good dealer for eden or aguilar equipment in germany/austria.....
    i am looking after 2x10 XLT / XST. i recently found out that prices in us are much cheaper that here in europe (which i guess has not been like this during the last years). maybe eden lowered the prices....
    so i hope that someone can give me some good tips where to buy eden stuff for good money.
    f.i. i got an offer from a store in la
    2x10 XLT --> $552 that is arround 470 EUR
    list price in germany for a 2x10 XLT is normally arround 1000 EUR

hopefully you can give me some tipps....

thanx and greetings from austria
    herbert

2. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Thera are no cheap dealers of Eden in Europe. Croatian dealer is cheapest in Europe but he's totally unreliable. Have you tried EBS, Glock or Ashdown bass equipment - they are as good as it gets. But if you really have your mind set to Eden I would recommend ordering it from USA - in the end it would be cheaper (even with VAT and customs tax) than european price.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You don't usually hear "cheap" and "Eden" used in the same sentence on any continent. Ditto Aguilar.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    A Glockenklang Quattro is cheaper than a XLT.

Now what would I do...

5. hr_bert

hr_bert

Jun 5, 2003
    austria, linz
    i sometimes read aguilar - as alternative for eden. of course the are making good stuff but as far as i know they are more expensive than eden...maybe i am wrong but if i compare the prices it seems that i am right....

my impression during the last week was that eden decresed prices dremendously (at least in usa)...hope this will also be given to the european market.

when i write "cheap eden"...i of course mean eden with good prices (at least low prices compared to their list prices)...i know that this stuff costs a hell of money but i am sure its worth it....

thanx for any recommendations
    herbert

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I haven't seen any decrease in Eden's prices. At least not on their website. Gard?