Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cheap doubleneck on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassistjedi, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    LOL!!! :eek: :D :D :D

No picture, and a ridiculous opening bid!!!

Where's Nino, he'll bid...

;)

2. Yea the perfect E-Bay seller.

No sales, sunglasses, no picture. Let me break out the credit card.

3. bassics

bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    Yeah, Right!!!!!!!!!!
    I would think that if this guy was on the level, He would at least be able to spell "Presley" correctly!
    This looks like a crank at least, If not an all out scam.

4. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Another reason not to buy an instrument off of Ebay. I think the number of people on this board who have had bad Ebay experiences far outweigh the positive ones.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    If anyone actually bids on that, I will personally make it my lifes mission to find that ignorant soul and eliminate him.

6. Well, I'm not sure of that (but I could be wrong!). I think you can have a good deal of success if you know what you're doing. I tend to stick to buying things from sellers that have AT LEAST 200 feedbacks, and will investigate any negative comments thoroughly.

As far as this guy, it doesn't get any more pathetic than this. $50,000.00 for a dblneck bass his FATHER made?? And Elvis 'played one just like it' in a movie?

If someone can show me that Elvis EVER played a doubleneck bass I'll GIVE them $50,000.00! (*cough* in monopoly money *cough* just in case. ;))

7. I'll bid on it right now!

edit: nevermind. You have to give your credit card for bids over $15,000.00. :( I don't wanna get stuck being charged for it!

I'm gonna email the guy and ask for pics instead.

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That guy couldn't come up with better B.S. than that crock? :rolleyes: Boy, that seller couldn't lie their way passed missing homework !

I think if daddy was a luthier, I'd expect at least some mention of the instrument's technical aspects, who made it, and little history to go with it beyond "Elvis played it in a movie."........yeah, and Napoleon swam in the exact, same, water I swam in at the Atlantic Ocean.

Jeez, if you're gonna like, at least put a little effort into it!

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    are you saying there's a realationship between a person's weight and the quality of their eBay experience?

Even if people with bad experiences outweigh the people with good experiences like myself, I still think we outnumber them. :D

10. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    i will accomidate you. :D

who in their right mind would buy that!?!

"well if elvis played one!! im in!!" :rolleyes:

11. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Elvis did have a double neck, but it was a Gibson Guitar-Baritone (I think) combo. It may have just been a prop for a picture, but he owned one. I really don't know why I know this.

Lee

12. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (LOL) HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (ROFL) ! ! ! ! ! ! !

13. I emailed the guy to see if he even has a picture of the "instrument." If he does, i'll post it up here, so we can all get a good laugh.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Not from what I've seen.

15. I emailed him 3 days ago asking for pics. Hmm, no reply yet. I wonder why...

16. lol

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Comic book guy (Simpsons) voice on:

Oh, no, Please take my money....ah ah. Since it seems we are unfamillar with sarcasm, I will close the register at this point.

Voice off:

Oh how I love burning money :rolleyes:

18. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    What a bunch of BS, we all know that if this guy were legit, he would know JT and at least make a mention this in the description. " For Sale ! John Turner Starter Kit"

Mike:D :D :D