1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap Eden E300T, is it worth it?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fedebass, Mar 16, 2009.

1. fedebass

fedebass

Feb 22, 2006
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Hey everybody, this is my first post!
    I've been looking for an affordable tube head for a while and today I found an Eden E300T selling for $750.
    I'm personally not that super keen on Eden and all, but that seems a pretty good price to me.
    What do you guys think?
    Thanks for your help!

2. thats a great deal! if i were you, i'd get it.

3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois

4. fedebass

fedebass

Feb 22, 2006
    Aarhus, Denmark
    I think it has mostly to do with what I've read/heard from people. Everybody seems to have some sort of horror story about Eden...
    But as you said it seems like a really good deal so maybe I should just get it and see what happens!?

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That's less than I paid for 100 watts of Ampeg. Grab it.

6. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois

7. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

8. duff2

duff2 Guest

Dec 16, 2007
    Buy it! That's an amazing deal!

If you would like to see this head in action, go to bassplayer.tv and check out the Eden channel.

Cheers,
    Duff2

9. Hi.

Besides the fact that the E300T isn't actually Eden mfg. that sounds like a decent deal.

Search TB for Smarvo, Fame and Ashton for more information. And of course for E300T ;).

The horror stories about the different Smarvo family amps is usually because of failing stock tubes and/or user error. That doesn't make the actual amp bad.

I'd go for it. In fact I have restricted myself several times from buying another Fame BVH300 as the retour items are 575€ :D (normal 625€).

Regards
    Sam

Ps. Just make sure that the warranty is transferrable, You might need it.

10. fedebass

fedebass

Feb 22, 2006
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Thanks guys! I think you convinced me, I'm gonna get it.
    I'll keep you posted

11. central cal guy

central cal guy

Jul 18, 2007
    Fedebass if you do purchase the Eden E300T amp can you please post a REAL REVIEW here on tb??? I have not seen a thorough review on that amp yet.

Thanks,

central cal guy

12. olistorck

olistorck

Sep 16, 2007
    oviedo,spain
    Get it... it has nothing to do with the typical Eden sound, but what a great deal for an all tube..
    I have my share of horror stories with Eden, but I´ll never give uo my WT1205..

13. Gries Amps

Gries Amps Commercial User

May 14, 2008
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Owner, Gries Amplification
    There's a seller on ebay with a handful of new ones for $850.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Eden-E300T-All-Tube-300-watt-Bass-amplifier-CLOSEOUT_W0QQitemZ390034559246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item390034559246&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
    Maybe that link is too long to come up as a link? His ebay store:
    http://stores.shop.ebay.com/FUNKY-MUNKY-MUSIC-guitars-and-parts__W0QQ_armrsZ1
    Or just do a search.

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I just hit the BIN on one for 825. Lane from Eden is insistent that it is NOT anywhere close to the same as a Fame or Ashton, and is a David Nordschow design.

15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Sweet, Pat! I look forward to hearing what you think of it. :cool:

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I'm interested, too, Pat. I've played the one at my local store many, many times, but I've never taken it out on demo to try it in a band setting.

But from just playing it in the store (through a variety of different cabs, everything from SVT810E's to 410XLT's to 210XLT/115XLT stack to an SWR 12 Stack), I've been VERY impressed. A/B'd it with an SVT Classic, and I preferred the Eden. Much tighter, punchier sound than the SVT, to my ears, while still retaining that tube amp "feel".

17. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    From in store experience, it's probably the most aggressive sounding amp I've ever heard. With a Fender Jazz, I was not able to stop it from gorwling at me. If that's what you're looking for tonally, get it for sure. That's a great price, too.

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'll let ya know Tom! It was kind of an impulse buy, but I saw it come up at that price and hit it. You know how much I like "vintage" sounds. I actually should have spent the money on a cab. That's what I had the money socked away for. But, being as my Carvin 410 has apparently blown a driver after ONE gig, I may be looking for one again. We'll see how good or bad their customer service is. They were fine after my first B1500 blew up, but we'll see if it's the same on cabs. I guess it should tell me something that the two main pieces of Carvin amp gear I've purchased have both failed on their first gig. In their defense though, the replacement B1500 they sent has been flawless and is a great amp.

19. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ...I'm curious, if it turns out that this is a re-badged Fame/Ashton, which looks more likely than not at this time to be the case, do you guys still think it's a great buy/good buy/reasonable buy?...

20. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Like many manufacturer warranties, Eden's is not transferable.

They do sell an extended warranty, which can be purchased by a new owner.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/warranty/extend.asp