1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cheap envelope filter. modtone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 15000volts, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ok, so here's the deal: I have an ehx Q-tron, but I don't like it, so I'm gonna buy a new envelope filter. The thing is, I'm kind of in a tight budget, so I want to spend as less as possible(without compromising the quality). below or around 100€ would be nice..for you americans, dont mind the exchange rate, because an 100$ pedal in the US ends up costing 100€ here..
    although i don't need anything to fancy, I'd like to have an up/down sweep switch.
    The modtone envelope filter seems quite good and it is cheap. any pros or cons?
    If I dont have any decent options, I'll go for the mxr m82 or the ebs bass IQ, but that would have to borrow money for that..
    oh, btw, there's no way i'll ever be able to get a DOD, so exclude that one, please

2. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    The modtone funk filter replaced a micro qtron on my board. Great pedal. Gets really wet sounding.

3. one of the things about the Q-tron that I don't like is that it doesn't get wet enough, at least for me.. so the modtone might really be a godd choice:)

4. derekfrank

derekfrank

Aug 20, 2008
    Burbank, CA
    the new mxr envelope filter is killer, and I've used many different filter pedals, including a couple different ehx q-trons. if you can come up with a little extra money, it'd be worth your while. I recently did a little video demonstration of my pedal board setup... check it out!

zac2944 likes this.
  5. I am looking at cheap filters as well. Isn't the funk filter a guitar pedal? Would it work for bass too?

6. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Derek,
    Nice playin'! Who are you out with?

Love the Auto-wah. I've got an M9 from Line 6, and it does everything well but a Filter.

J!

7. derek, you are the don daddy. sweet vid and great playing