Cheap Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by S. Byrnes, May 1, 2002.

1. Im looking for a Cheap fretless bass. Its for jazz, I just need something thats comfortable and sound decent.Thanks
  2. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    how about a fretless mim jazz?
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yamaha BBN4F or RBX-260F. Just can't go wrong with them and they're dirt cheap too.
  4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i'm sorry ... there is an option OTHER than the MIM jazz?:) BUT PLAY THEM ALL FIRST... there are some dogs out there.
  5. rmerritt

Apr 10, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Try Rondo Music. I just bought a j bass from them and it beats the heck out of the Fender MIM j bass and certainly the Squier. Looks good and sounds great. The luthier who set it up today was very complimentary. I would expect there othr instruments to be as good. Good luck! Here's the link:;$sessionid$R2YVBLYAAAUO0P5MFMKJPQR53QVSNPX0?UCIDs=1145365
  6. rmerritt which bass did you get exactly?

The cort Curbow looks real nice, and so does the B4, but is wenge a good wood for the neck?
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    wenge is the BEST wood for the neck.

if they made a 5 string version still with the bart electronics - i'd have one. :D
  8. Where do they sell Cort basses online?
  9. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    You should be able to find them at MARS MUSIC

10. rmerritt

Apr 10, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    S. Byrnes.....I bought the Essex SJB-62 TM Flame Top. .....$129 + 20 to ship. It arrived in two days and played great out of the box...some slight inntonation problems, which I hope were solved by a professional set up yesterday (haven't played it yet).....It's pretty much an exact copy of the standard Fender MIM j bass....alder body and maple neck. Can't beat it in terms of value, I would expect.