Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap Geek Xmas Gift ALERT!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by James Hart, Oct 28, 2003.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Power Joy III Retro Arcade Game System

84 Classic NES Video Games Built Into A Controller! 2 Player Support!

The PowerJoy III is a portable, self-contained gaming system with 84 classic games built-in. There is no console or gaming cartridge. Just plug the RCA inputs that are attached to the controller into any TV and you are ready to go. Completely portable and lightweight, the PowerJoy III even has 26 LCD games that can be played right on the main controller with no TV.

Features/Specs:
    84 Classic Video Games (mostly from 8-bit NES) to play on your TV! No cartridges necessary. Complete video game list available here.
    18 Additional LCD games to play directly on controller (including Tetris). These games require no TV connection to play.
    RCA composite inputs connect directly to your TV or video source.
    Includes 2 controllers for competitive play!
    Primary controller includes a light gun for shooting games (clay shoot and gotcha!).
    Colored ASCII menu on power on allows easy navigation to arcade games.
    Primary controller styled similiar to an N64 controller.
    Secondary controller styled similiar to P1 controller.
    Ability For future expansion through cartridge system.
    Includes AC adapter (120 Volt)
    Requires 4 AA batteries for portable play (not included)
    Supports standard NTSC video sources.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    When I first clicked on it, I got excited. Then I looked at the game list; other than Wrestling and Paperboy, there's pretty much nothing I would play.

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    That's pretty cool. They also have one for classic Atari games and Activision games

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Where's Mario Bros?

5. Bah. I like the SNES a lot better.

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    There's no WAY Nintendo would give the liscences for their big franchises (Mario, Metroid, Zelda etc.) to the people making that thing. However, if they did, it would make that thing awesome.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah. Konami probably wouldn't either, even though they made some great games. Even so, it's a pretty good deal for only $40. My wife and I want to get an old Nintendo and a bunch of games. Only problem is half of the old Nintendo games don't even work unless you adjust them twenty times in the system or push on the metal cartridge.

8. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Bryan, you should check out some emulators. I'm not sure what the best NES one is, but you can get a ton of roms in the most miniscule of files. Try searching google.

9. ahhh, good old thinkgeek!

THE best online store! :)
    it has everything a geek wants.