Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cheap Genz 215? go for it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 6, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    A friend of mine has a Genz Benz Live Series 2 x 15 cabinet that he is selling for $200, and I'm thinking of picking it up. I have a Genz Benz GBE 600 and 610T-XB2 right now, which is why I'm considering it. I'd be able to get the full 625 watts from my head and get a fuller sound. So is it worth it?

2. go for it,and post more pics.

3. You dont need it, but with it that rig would be coma inducing. I say go for it!

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I don't care if I need it or not. :bag: Heck. I didn't need this 6x10, but I got a great deal on it and took it. I didn't need a second bass, but I got a good deal on it and got it. I didn't need a Boss ODB-3, but I got a good deal on it and got it.

Coma inducing rig it is :bassist:

5. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    I would definately get it. I just love my eden 215. I didn't think i would have enough definition before I picked it up but now I run it with the tweeter turned all the way down. Sounds like a great deal. :bassist:

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    2x15's are the most damn fun cab on the planet. Even if it's not all that great, they most of the time sound pretty good, and then if it's a GREAT cab, say like a Genz, Bergie or Mesa rig, then lookout all 8x10 players. ;)