Cheap, good(?), replacement speakers...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greywoulf, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Baja sells a 250w 12" auto woofer for around $35. I'm wondering if this could be an inexpensive, yet adequate speaker for a burn-out I have? One thing tho, as it's for an extension cab for a SWR Wkmns 10, it would have to be 8 ohlms resistance, and I can't seem to find out what this speaker is in that way?
    Anyone know?
    Any ideas?

"How many dsylexics does it take to bulb a light change?"
  2. rdkill

Jan 20, 2003
  3. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Car audio subs are not a good choice unless you have tons of power and you biamp and just use them for lows. They also stop at about 200-400hz so there are no mids or highs. I use a pair of 12" car subs and they sound very nice with 500w from 30-200hz.
  4. Check out they have good cheap replacment speakers on there. If you email them tell them Lil' J. sent you. Peavey or Eminence would be another cheap way to go and the rebuild kits are cheap.
  5. Thanks Rdkill. That's a great site for inexpensive speakers and cabs..

d];>]} Greywoulf :D
  6. You can get some cheaper eminence speakers ( I think the alpha type) but I don't know if they're $35, but the delta's I've got were around $60 each, the alphas are about 2 levels down so they may be $35. The beta's might work as well.
  7. telemike

Jul 7, 2003