Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cheap guitar......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by loismustdie, Aug 13, 2004.

1. loismustdie

loismustdie

Jun 4, 2004
    could someone please recomend a bass for under 150$
    it doesn't need to be the highest quality(obviously), but it shoul be fairly reliable, i don't want this thing to break on me. i am lookin at used, but if there are any deals goin on somewhere on the internet, please tell me.

it doesn't have to be specifically a j or p style, but j is preferred, maybe one of the mixed ones with one of each pickup, but only if its in my price range, i don't want to break the bank with this. the cheaper the better, i'm prolly gonna spend more on an amp.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. loismustdie

loismustdie

Jun 4, 2004
    i was told that sx did not make very good basses, i guess in my price range i won't find very high wuality anyway, but is that the best i can get for 150ish?

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I've heard (no direct experience personally) that they're VERY good for the money...Do a search on essex or brice here... There have been numerous threads about these instruments.

5. josh_m

josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    Good compared to what? i hae played one and it was the nicest Jazz bass I've played next to the Marcus. However if you are comparing it to a warwick or something they really aren't comparable.