Cheap Head for Carvin RL410T?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shwan81, Oct 14, 2004.

1. shwan81

Feb 19, 2004
    I was wondering what would be a good cheap head for the carvin RL410T that i'm thinking about buying. by cheap i mean like 350 or less (perferably). the cab is an 8 ohm cab and rated at 800 watts. i'm thinking that i would need at least 250 watts if not 300 watts. have any of you found the cab to be power hungry? i'm opened to used products also.
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    dunno if the cab is power hungry. technically if the sensitivity of the cab is at least 103 dB you should be ok. Definitely go used. check here, bassgear, and the bay for starters. You can generally get excellent deals on swr and eden amps, and there are a whole bunch more great ones out there.
  3. Carvin R600 might fit the bill. I think it will bridge into 8 ohms at asomething like 500-600 watts. I've seen them go for around $350. YMMV.

Look for an SWR 4004 - that would fit the bill nicely too, and isn't as fancy as the Carvin.

Peavey amps come pretty cheap per watt too. Firebass is one that comes tomind but I don't have any idea what the price would be.

Just some ideas.
  4. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Get a used Hartke 3500 for around $275. They are all over the place and sound great.
  5. shwan81

Feb 19, 2004
    thanks to everyone for the helpful input. i think i will try to find used gear on ebay. i will probably look for a carvin r600 or hartke 3500. thanks again!
  6. Yeah I forgot that one. The blendable preamp is a great option. Great $/watt ratio too.