Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap (If not free) HD recording software?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    I'm thinking of recording one of my bands gigs and i was just wondering if there is any cheap (if not freeware) software i can use to record direct to the Hard drive (i'm gonna need to record a full hour set in mono).

Hope you can help

Chris

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    for simple line in recorded to wav try EAC I used it the rip my old band practice tapes in my sig link.

I encode all my CD's to wav with it as well... then use variable bit rate setting in LAME to make MP3's.

4. Cakewalk is good for this. I used it extensively. My cousins downloaded the full working version (latest one) of some russian crack site. They do exist *taps nose*

:D:D

Merls

5. Cool Edit. It's free.

www.syntrillium.com

6. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    Australia
    If you want to record the whole gig - Messer will record straight to MP3 on your hard drive in REAL TIME (No converting WAVs) and it's Free.
    WWW.MEDIAHORIZONS.COM - under Audio.

7. Digital Sound Planet Quartz Studio Free is an eight track recorder w/FX, Quartz Audio Master adds all the MIDI goodies and is impressive to amazing. They are freeware.