Cheap (If not free) HD recording software?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    I'm thinking of recording one of my bands gigs and i was just wondering if there is any cheap (if not freeware) software i can use to record direct to the Hard drive (i'm gonna need to record a full hour set in mono).

Hope you can help

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    for simple line in recorded to wav try EAC I used it the rip my old band practice tapes in my sig link.

I encode all my CD's to wav with it as well... then use variable bit rate setting in LAME to make MP3's.
  4. Cakewalk is good for this. I used it extensively. My cousins downloaded the full working version (latest one) of some russian crack site. They do exist *taps nose*

5. Cool Edit. It's free.

6. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    If you want to record the whole gig - Messer will record straight to MP3 on your hard drive in REAL TIME (No converting WAVs) and it's Free.
    WWW.MEDIAHORIZONS.COM - under Audio.
  7. Digital Sound Planet Quartz Studio Free is an eight track recorder w/FX, Quartz Audio Master adds all the MIDI goodies and is impressive to amazing. They are freeware.