1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cheap pedals from china?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JKydd, Sep 10, 2017.

1. JKydd

JKydd

Oct 27, 2016
    Kelowna BC Canada
    So while shopping online I've seen a lot of cheap pedals coming directly out of china. I've heard a few people online comment about the general quality being good for the price but I haven't seen a lot of proof or reviews. Wondering if anyone here has any input/experience on the matter.

2. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    There are quite a few coming from China that are decent for the price. I have a couple of Joyo pedals that work just fine. Build quality is good and the circuits are decent. One is a chorus and the others are an overdrive and preamp. But the tonal qualities, versatility and articulation don't stack up to the better known brands. And if one of the Chinese pedals takes a dump, good luck getting it serviced or refunded. They are pretty much disposable. You really do get what you pay for.

JKydd likes this.
  3. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    I only have one--the Mooer Tender Octaver--and it's really truly excellent. And on this board, I'm not alone; it seems to be pretty highly regarded around here.

Unfortunately it's out of production now. There's a recent "Pro" version which received less favorable reviews on this board, and there's a "Mark II" version upcoming which, well, who knows.

JKydd likes this.
  4. I have pedals branded Joyo, Mooer and Mosky that are good pedals.

JKydd likes this.
  5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I have a few.
    Joyo orange juice which is a bass friendly orange amp sim
    A few mooer pedals from the fog fuzz, to their emulated di.
    Tomsline di ( clone of the mooer for less than half the price)
    Eno octave. -1 is eminently useable, the +1 not so much. ( £20!)
    Rowin tuner. Works reasonably for £12!

JKydd likes this.