1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Foxworthy925, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    lately, I've been searching around and looking into a lot of random boutique pedals. well, they're all nice and dandy if I have hundreds of dollars just lying around to spend. sadly, that's not the case. then I realized that there must be a bunch of cheap pedals that I don't know about, just like there are so many boutique pedals around. just yesterday did I find out for the first time these devi ever pedals that you can buy off ebay. what other random, cheap, little-known pedals are there?

2. I like my DOD FX-25b, as well as most DOD stuff, which is usually cheap. You can occasionally find old(DOD, Ibanez, etc)stuff cheap on the bay.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1 old DOD, MXR, Ibanez stuff is usually a lot of fun for sometimes little $$. Of course some of them are "collectable", which can throw you off with their high asking prices.

4. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
  5. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    dIGITECH bAD mONKEY IS GREAT FOR THE PRICE

6. Turn your caps lock off! :D

7. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Behringer pedals are about as cheap as they come.

8. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    If you can soldier, building from kits is a great way to have good stuff and save some cash.

It might help if you say what effect you're looking for in particular. More OD/dist/fuzz? Delay? Chorus?

9. I was a soldier who used to solder wiring on helicopters. I didn't know you could soldier a kit :bag:

Just giving you a hard time :) :D

10. I like the Ashdown Drive Plus I have. Sorta "insta-lemmy" pedal if you ask me. :)

Just tried it out for fun in the store thinking it'd be like the ODB-3... Ended up buying it.

11. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I deserve a hard time. I think it's not the first time I've made that spelling mistake on this forum. D'oh!

@barium: Word to Ashdown Drive Plus! I don't leave home without mine. Very good overall, shockingly good (and FLEXIBLE) for the price.

12. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    I think the DOD FX25 was the best value per dollar ($30 on ebay) I've ever spent for my bass... even at twice what I'd paid it would've been well worth it. At least, it is if you have a need for an envelope filter.

13. The Danelectro Fab pedals ($15ish each) sound ridiculously good for the money, although their distortions suck some of the low end out and they aren't built terribly well. The chorus sounds as good as just about any chorus I've ever come across (except for the Visual Sound H2O) and from what I've heard, the flanger is great as well.

14. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    Too bad it's discontinued now :crying:

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  16. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    Danelectro, MXR, DOD, Digitech, even now the Ashdown ones, Boss, Electro-Harmonix....plenty of stuff in there in the less than $100 range. ;)

17. The Danelectro Tuna Melt (tremolo) kicks ass.