Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lilvampboyx, Sep 22, 2005.

1. lilvampboyx

lilvampboyx

Sep 1, 2005
    Hello I found this site online where im planning to get my pickups from http://hixbrosmusic.com/ My question is does anyone know any more sites like this that may have the simular prices but without the outragous shipping cost...ive done searches through ebay and the prices tend to add up about evenly but.....I dont want to go through all of the chains of ebay

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    The only ones I saw listed were Mighty Mites. You'd do better buying some secondhand off ebay.

Pickups are one of the good things to buy secondhand as they're just a coil of wire and a mahnetic assembly so there's very little to go wrong. I've bought heaps of them and never had a bad one. Use the usual ebay cautious approach and you'll be right.

If you want P or DoubleJ type pickups there's a guy on ebay called 732toni that has Schaller ones for about $US24 and $6 postage, NOS. I've bought from him 3 times now with no issues and a couple of other people here have too.

Dimarzio J's are on ebay regularly and usually under $50 a set. They're like $100 a set new.

There was also mention here a while back of the Custom Shop Parts MM pickup being quite good and ~ $40 iirc.