1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cheap Portaflex on Craigslist Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lexington125, Nov 2, 2013.

1. lexington125

lexington125

Sep 11, 2013
    hollywood, baby......
    someday I will find 4 or 5 other guys who want to play the blues the way it was played before it became all about guitar heroics
    :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

a late 60s/early 70s SB-12 has been on the LA Craigslist for 3 days for only $550 and it looks very nice and original. No guarantee that its still available, but if I didn't already have the earlier version, I'd be all over this one. Almost went for it as a backup.....

This is too nice to let slip away. Please let it go to someone
    on the forum

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/msg/4159488569.html

!!! edit !!! - I have no idea what speaker was used in this later version, so my earlier statement about this amp looking 'original' does not apply to the speaker. Can anyone add any info about the speaker?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The only speaker I could find that resembles that one is the Jensen C12N, which was a stocker for the SB-12. However, I thought only the earlier SB-12's had the C12N, and it wasn't the speaker in the Unimusic SB-12's. I could be wrong, however, as I'm going by the Ampeg book and not any practical experience with them.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    That could be a replacement eminence speaker. Anyone who cares for an amp like this one has been would care about the speaker that they put in. I bet it sounds good.

4. I don't believe so, I have not seen Eminence with a seamed cone. That I can remember anyway :). Wait...the angle of the seam is wrong for the typical Jensen.

5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    That's true, I didn't see the seam. I'd be worried if that was a crease in the cone. Hope that there aren't three others like it.