Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap practice amps!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by frenske, Nov 7, 2003.

Which one would you buy?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2003.
  1. Peavey Mircobass

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. Trace Elliot Boxer 30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Behringer BX300

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Ashdown Perfect 10

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  5. Other!

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. I am moving to complete new city and country and probably won't be taken my 80W practice combo with me (because of the size, wattage and the electric plug)!
    So I am looking for a new smaller practice combo in the pricerange till 150 euros and have a RMS of 30 Watt.

I have found the several possible combos of well known "good" brands:

Which one do you recomment? :confused:

Lock in your votes ..... NOW!

2. I cast my vote for the Peavey Microbass. I got one a couple years ago, it's light weight, and it sounds quite good even with the low notes my six-string fretted and five-string fretless basses put out. I've also got a 17-year old Peavey TKO75 combo that has never caused me trouble. The Peavey amps may not be sexy, but they're tremendously reliable.

3. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    A practice amp that I think is overlooked is the Vox 25 (25 rather than 30, though). It is very light and has a clean tone, so you can tell what is you and what is the amp--important in practicing.

4. Cant You Get A Converter?

5. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    It's not yet possible to shrink amps ;)

6. My first practice amp...

A Peavey Decade link 10 watts, 8" speaker, $99 new.

:cool:

7. Peavey Mircobass, good little practice amp and you can find them used, for around $50 bucks.

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Peavey Microbass :)

Tim

9. I think it is going to be the Ashdown, because it has more power and a shapeshifter and 1x10"

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    and, to my untrained ears i think the ashdown has a much better sound

11. dimplebutt

dimplebutt

Oct 13, 2003
    LA
    i just got a microbass off of ebay for like 6o bucks shipped and i am very impressed. for home practice it gets the job done. What else do you want for a at home practice amp.