1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cheap practice amps!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by frenske, Nov 7, 2003.

Which one would you buy?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2003.
  1. Peavey Mircobass

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. Trace Elliot Boxer 30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Behringer BX300

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Ashdown Perfect 10

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  5. Other!

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. I am moving to complete new city and country and probably won't be taken my 80W practice combo with me (because of the size, wattage and the electric plug)!
    So I am looking for a new smaller practice combo in the pricerange till 150 euros and have a RMS of 30 Watt.

I have found the several possible combos of well known "good" brands:

Which one do you recomment? :confused:

Lock in your votes ..... NOW!

2. I cast my vote for the Peavey Microbass. I got one a couple years ago, it's light weight, and it sounds quite good even with the low notes my six-string fretted and five-string fretless basses put out. I've also got a 17-year old Peavey TKO75 combo that has never caused me trouble. The Peavey amps may not be sexy, but they're tremendously reliable.

3. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    A practice amp that I think is overlooked is the Vox 25 (25 rather than 30, though). It is very light and has a clean tone, so you can tell what is you and what is the amp--important in practicing.

4. Cant You Get A Converter?

5. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    It's not yet possible to shrink amps ;)

6. My first practice amp...

A Peavey Decade link 10 watts, 8" speaker, $99 new.

:cool:

7. Peavey Mircobass, good little practice amp and you can find them used, for around $50 bucks.

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Peavey Microbass :)

Tim

9. I think it is going to be the Ashdown, because it has more power and a shapeshifter and 1x10"

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    and, to my untrained ears i think the ashdown has a much better sound

11. dimplebutt

dimplebutt

Oct 13, 2003
    LA
    i just got a microbass off of ebay for like 6o bucks shipped and i am very impressed. for home practice it gets the job done. What else do you want for a at home practice amp.