Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap razors?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RS, Sep 9, 2002.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Anyone know where I can order in bulk a bunch of cheap shaving razors or blades? The ones at the drug store seem so expensive, esp the mach III blades which I like alot.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I get the Mach 3 blades from Costco, they are cheaper than they ar in super markets and chemists - but they still ain't cheap!

3. I get Gillette Good News from Sam's. I think I paid around $12.00 for around 60.

Sam's or Costco is definitely the way to go.

Lisa

4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I use Good News every day to shave my head. I've tried all the low-cost disposables and those work best for me by far. I get the same deal Lisa does at Sam's.

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My local dollar store has this special where you get a triple blade razor free when you buy a pack of triple blades. (I'm not sure if they are mach 3's though) I like the triple blades a lot. Most cheap razors go dull on me after the 1st or 2nd shave. But the triples last me a good week. They get the closest shave I've ever had and really reduce burn and irratation which is important since I shave a lot do to the fact my facial hair grows in pretty quickly.

Though the best blades I've ever had were cheap dollar store brand blades. They are the kind that slide in sideways on the razor. They are the most comfortable shave I've ever had, plus I've had one blade last me weeks. I think the way the razor I have is balanced has a lot to do with them. Unfortnatley, my local dollar store doesn't carry them anymore. Though I understand other dollar stores still carry them.

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I don't like the original Mach 3 blades -- they're too "floppy" in the razor. I have seen center-pivot triple blades, but have yet to try them. I have to check out Sam's!

Anyone use a straight razor?

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I had used a Sensor Excell II until I started the Mach 3 use. I found them too floppy at first, I didn't feel as if I had complete control the way I did with the Sensor Excel. However, I percevered with them, and now I shave exclusivley with the Mach 3 - I have as much control, and it gets a closer shave, and less razor rash.

I also use the Mach 3 to shave my head - they're really good for that too!

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I moved from razors to machine, I've been using my two-bladed Philishave for couple years now. Cost me something like $30-40 new, so I think I have s(h)aved few bucks in the process. Besides, it's more handy cleaning around my beard and I don't have to wet my face for shave which makes it nice in a hurry.

9. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    What the hell is going on here?!

:D

10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    ...but I need to know -- why do so many of you shave your heads?

:confused:

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Mach III is my main razor, I use the Sensor XLII for a backup.

I got one of those gifts packs that came with a flight case for my Mach III. No need to worry about it getting dinged up when travelling.

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Mara, meet Off Topic - Off Topic, meet Mara. Here, anything is possible! :eek: :rolleyes:

13. The company gave me one of the new ones for my 18th birthday. I already used a mach III anyway, it's a good razor. Gets close to the skin and doesn't cut it. I was very smooth after using the new one though, and no irritation at all. (Has anyone noticed we're talking about razors like they were our basses? It's true! All bass players are suicidal!) :D

14. I use a mach 3 and a wilkinson diamond FX

15. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Dunno about anyone else, but I'd just about lost all mine on top anyway. I'm really not ready for the "middle-aged businessman" look, so shaving was a good option. I look at least 10 yrs younger this way.

16. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Actually, that's not quite true. Here, not everything is possible, but at www.zombo.com everything is possible.

:D

17. Have I got a deal for you. I'll sell you my used ones for $1 / bag of 20. You can pay via PayPal.

18. AngusYoung

AngusYoung

Jun 25, 2002
    just singe the hair off im bored :(

19. Can you say that in Canadian english please?

20. Just singe the hair off, eh. I'm bored, eh. How's aboot a beer, eh? Let's watch hockey, eh.