1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap Remedies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bluesbasshound, May 17, 2011.

1. bluesbasshound

bluesbasshound

Jan 31, 2006
    Florida
    We all know Duct Tape fixes about everything on a gig ( hell, I recently approached a drunk woman on the front row screaming at the top of her lungs during & after every song with a roll of Duct Tape much to the delight of the other patrons in the bar!) but, one of the coolest remedies for gear issues came from Duck Dunn during a conversation a few years ago. Being the basic country boy he is, he suggested I hold my strap on with rubber washers instead of spending excessive dough on straplocks! Recently, I was looking at the gaping stretched out holes on my trusty Comfort Strapp and thinking, "why not?".... found myself in Home Depot the next day purchasing a pack of Neoprene Rubber Flat Washers.
    Total cost with tax $.80!
    Saved me some bucks and more wear and tear on my favorite strap. Plus in the the past using straplocks, I have inadvertently disengaged the locking mechanism more that once while playing by leaning into the release button and with these rubber washers I don't think twice about any movements onstage. They stay put! This got me thinking, any more cool remedies out there used by you pros that ease your mind while playing away the gigs? And yes, beer is also a good remedy! :cool:

2. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    I thought everybody knew about this. Yes, beer is a good remedy, so why not combine the two? Buy some Grolsch beer (yes, it's gonna cost a little more than 80 cents), but think of it as buying the beer, and getting the rubber washers for free.

Win-win.

3. nocontrols

nocontrols

Apr 2, 2011
    Awesome! I love that the rubber washers idea is approved by a pro. :D Duck is the man.

[​IMG]

Seriously, awesome stuff. :)

Here is the Grolsch bottle in question:

Grolsch%20Cap.