Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap Six String ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SubDubMan, Jul 17, 2002.

1. SubDubMan

SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    What are some cheap six strings out there ?
    I've got a good four, but I'm thinking about buying a cheap six to mess around with and learn on, on the side. Thanks A Lot.

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Dean makes some nice inexpensive 6ers.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  4. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Ibanez BTB 406

5. pumo420

pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    illinois
    well theres a carlo robelli six string bass for 359$ at samash.

6. Definately check out the Dean Edge Q6 series, or any other dean 6 ers, good basses for a nice price....

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hohner B-Bass VI... I've had one for years and have been very pleased with it... Check out my homepage for some sound clips featuring this bass.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    IMHO, I would rank the Budget 6ers as such
    Ibanez BTB
    Cort Curbow
    Peavey
    Tobias Toby
    Dean

Now, mind you, that's a generalizations. Sometimes you get gems that blow all the way to the top of the list, but I find that in a general quaility to price ratio, the list is fairly accurate. The Dean/Peavy/Tobias can change places daily, depending ony how many and which models you get to play, but all in all, I think that while Dean can make some nicer 6ers, they don't play as well as the Tobias Tobys. Of course they have slightly better electronics, but I'll take the playability first.
    Peavey is not to be underesitmated.

This is all just IMHO.

9. Are you looking for a bass that is cheap but still sounds good? If so, take a look at used Carvins or Peaveys as suggested above.:) I'm sure there are others as well.

10. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Spector 2000q6.

11. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    If you're lucky and/or know someone that works there, you can get it for about $250 (well worth the price!).