Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap Spectors

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moweezil, Dec 17, 2001.

1. moweezil

moweezil

Dec 2, 2001
    How is the quality on the Korean "Professional" Series Spectors? Like the Q-5, 2000/5 or the Rex's?

Im looking for a mid-$ range 5 string and I was just wondering about these.

Thanks.

2. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    i own a spector ns2000Q5. imo it is the best bass in its price range. get one you will not regret it.;)

3. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    if you have the money i suggest you go for the neckthruogh ns2000/5. as i said, it is neckthrough and i have found them to be better quality.

4. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    I'm getting mine tomorrow. I'll let you know.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree. The NS2000/5 is better quality and tonewise than the NS2000Q5.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've had my REX2000/5 for a few weeks now. The quality on them is really good! The sound and feel of the bass are fantastic, my only gripe is that there were some slight dings in the finish that you could see if you caught them in the light at the right angle!

Compared to my NS-5CR the only real issue weer the dings in the finish - a guitar tech friend of mine has told me that this is just due to the finishing process, the ding is caused by over polishing in that area!

If your looking for a good sounding/playing/looking bass guitar then look no further. Mine has even survived a car crash!!( The bass and I walked, the car and bass case were written off!!)

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The Bolt-On's are real nice. I like the Neck-Thru's better, but if it's too much, the Bolt-On's are great!!!!

8. I quite enjoy my Spector NS2000Q5, as I'll state again and again. I lucked out, I bought it used from a friend who had it in pretty good condition (it's also my first and currently my only bass). I just needed to clean the electronics.

Of course, if you've got the money to spare, I'd say get the /5 instead of the Q5.