1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheap strap locks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rmrf, Mar 21, 2006.

1. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL
  2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  3. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL
    Mine is more secure and I'm not changing straps at all :)

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Oh, I've torn the screw completely out of a bass, so nothing is TOO secure... :p

5. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL
    Maybe nine inch screws can help you? :)

6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Definitely secure, but for just a little more you can buy Fender bass string retainers and they look good too.
    My favorite, even over expensive straplocks.

7. rmrf

rmrf

Mar 6, 2006
    Holiday, FL
    You're right. Looks nice and secure. Will check them this weekend.

8. steve21

steve21 Banned

[​IMG]

my cheap straplcoks rule.

9. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    The plastic piece that comes with most loaves of bread. :bag:

10. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    I'll have to try that. (Not kidding.)

11. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Seriously the best thing I have used is the rubber seals from imported Grolsch bottles. Just pull them off once you've finished your delicious beer.

They fit over a strap button perfectly, and never come off. But if you want them off, just stretch them back over. Have had my set on for over two years, never budged!

12. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    I get real straplocks at Carvin.com which seems to be the best price around. In the past I used thick rubbery plastic washers from the hardware store that had just the right size of hole to be able to squeeze them on or off to remove a strap, while still holding it well the rest of the time.

13. WarwickThumb777

WarwickThumb777

Jan 17, 2006
    N.R.V-Virginia
    Registered Sex Offender
    A couple of 2 1/2 inch sheetrock screws or if you have deckscrews..Just torque them down over a seatbelt...Who needs a Levy's strap and Jim Dunlop or Schaller straplocks when your playing a gig..Half the time I pull anywhere from 3-5 of my 10's out of my Ampeg SVT cabinet so I can put them in Pawn so I can get to my Parole Officer meeting and gig.Who needs gigbags,hardcases..or flightcases..Nuthing says..I'm here for the gig or audition..like a 3 out of 4 string bass in a cinch sack Hefty bag...I tell you Lenox makes a great amp..Yeah it's a home stereo..But it pumps out the mad beats...You'll sound like Flea or P-Nut in no time flat

14. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    I guess that's just about it for this thread. I'm trying to figure out why I got this far into it in the first place..