Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cheap Way to Record Practice

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Cacklingjackyl, Jan 31, 2005.

1. I need to start recording my practices so I can make sure I am working with my drummer the way I want to and so I can work on writing lines that fit better. I am not looking to spend alot of money, I just want to make sure I can get the recording home and play it back and a resonable and audible level for me to practice along with. The ability to upload into a PC would be a plus, but it's not something I must have. Right now I am thinking of either getting a 4 track or a mini cassette recorder. I have also though about getting a mini-disc recorder, but these things seem to be out of my price range at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. I use a stereo VCR ($59) for live recordings, low noise, good bandwidth and cheap. I also use a pair of decent condenser mics ($69 ea) and a mixer ($50). For $250 it's hard to beat. Video tapes are pretty cheap too usually a dollar for 2-6 hours.