Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cheap wireless systems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ludwig109, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Well, the specs are nice, I'll give it that. I'm not entirely sure of the exchange rate for Euros to American, but that would be what, around $150? I would test it HEAVILY before you go and buy it. I have a four channel UHF wireless that I got at a screaming deal for $300, and now I think that I was taken.

On a completely seperate note, I have it on good authority that Audio Technica will be introducing a wireless set up that it one body pack with 4 inputs sometime next year. That means your guitar, wireless headset, and in ear monitors are all going to go through one back. Neat, huhn? Bet it's going to be expensive as hell, though.

Rock on
    Eric

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Not really related to recording, so I'm moving this to misc.

3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    From all the talk I've caught on this issue, you either buy hi-end wireless or no wireless at all. A friend of mine has bought one for 400 euro or so and he is dissappointed, he might stop using it and return to cables. I'm thinking of buying one soooometime, but only if I can spend several hundreds of euros.

4. The thing you need to ask yourself is, "Do I REALLY need this?"

If you are part of a metal band with lots of stage movement and ego ramps, then yeah, go for wireless. But if you are doing folk music sitting on a stool, then save a ton of money and buy a really nice cable. You will get MUCH higher quality sound out of a cable than you will with a wireless. Look for something like Mogami or Star Quad.

Always try to find ways to decrease the amount of electronics in your gear. The move you have, the more likely something important will die when you need it.

Rock on
    Eric

5. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    I play through a Shure SLX and I notice no difference in my sound, stay high end when it comes to wireless or you will be:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: I got mine on ebay for $278.00 and that is cheap for great quality.