1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cheaper bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 87octane_, Aug 4, 2001.

1. 87octane_

87octane_ Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Sumner, IL
    I posted something asking if the Stingray 5 bass was alright for me a while back, and i figured, "Sure, I can make 1000 bucks easy."
    I just got back from a trip to the mall with girlfriend, and that's just not gonna work out. Plus, i'm 16 with a job that pays $5.35 an hour, where i work 25 hours a week.
    so I'm gonna ask all the bass sages again, what's a decent left-handed 5 string bass with nice growl? this time for $500-$700 (or less, if possible.)

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Carvin's B5 is in your price range & it's pretty good.

3. 87octane_

87octane_ Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Sumner, IL
    Can i get that in the p-series?
    I've been looking at Ibanez and Schecter, but i'm not sure what I need. I play anything from classic rock to metal, and i really want something that will growl.
    I have a Fender Jazz bass right now, and i really don't like the tone of it too much.

4. I suggest a P bass (a different tone from a J) but I am pretty sure that they don't make a 5er P bass (except that Precision Plus thing which is really a J anyway) uhh Yeah, I'd say go with Carvin.. I am considering that to be my next bass once I get some more money. I just bought a Fender J :) I can't help it, I love new basses :D

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    get a bass you can afford, that you can play, and that you like.