Cheaper bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 87octane_, Aug 4, 2001.

1. 87octane_

87octane_ Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Sumner, IL
    I posted something asking if the Stingray 5 bass was alright for me a while back, and i figured, "Sure, I can make 1000 bucks easy."
    I just got back from a trip to the mall with girlfriend, and that's just not gonna work out. Plus, i'm 16 with a job that pays $5.35 an hour, where i work 25 hours a week.
    so I'm gonna ask all the bass sages again, what's a decent left-handed 5 string bass with nice growl? this time for $500-$700 (or less, if possible.)
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Carvin's B5 is in your price range & it's pretty good.
  3. 87octane_

87octane_ Guest

Jul 18, 2001
    Sumner, IL
    Can i get that in the p-series?
    I've been looking at Ibanez and Schecter, but i'm not sure what I need. I play anything from classic rock to metal, and i really want something that will growl.
    I have a Fender Jazz bass right now, and i really don't like the tone of it too much.
  4. I suggest a P bass (a different tone from a J) but I am pretty sure that they don't make a 5er P bass (except that Precision Plus thing which is really a J anyway) uhh Yeah, I'd say go with Carvin.. I am considering that to be my next bass once I get some more money. I just bought a Fender J :) I can't help it, I love new basses :D
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    get a bass you can afford, that you can play, and that you like.