1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cheaper blending pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by osciphex, Jul 27, 2007.

1. osciphex

osciphex

Jun 1, 2001
    Is there a cheaper pedal option for creating a blendable effects loop? I checked out this Xotic pedal talked about in another thread, but it's like $240 dollars. This is a problem I'd like to spend 50-100 dollars on, not 200+ :p

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    S-E-A-R-C-H :p

Anyhow... the Barge Concepts VFB-2 is $110. And they'll do custom versions as well. Searching for threads about it will reveal a wealth of info about the pedal and those of us who have used it (I've owned one, myself).

3. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Wasnt there a dedicated thread for people who owned them and it talked about what they had customized on theirs?

4. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    Yessir.

And I didn't think the Barge was that inexpensive... I checked it out a while ago. Gotta add that to the list.. :p

(I'm going to be so broke even after I get a job :rollno: )

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Yeah i'm waiting for my VFB-2 to come in the mail :)

6. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    They are pretty sweet. I have a stock one and its a very well made looking unit. Very functional for what it is. i don't have much use for the feedback loop right now but at this price, it was well worth it.

7. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    It seems to me that a blendable effects loop should be significantly cheaper than $100. I have a mixing board with an effects loop that cost less than $50. Sure, you can't stomp on it and it has no switch, but it blends.

8. Im hoping my Barge will be here on monday :bassist:

9. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    The reason that the Barge Concepts VFB is a bit pricey is because of the components that they use, and because it is an active blender which you can also vary the impedance on (if you ask them to add it). I'm hoping for mine to hit the mail sometime next week. :D

10. osciphex

osciphex

Jun 1, 2001
    I totally did search! But most of those threads are either about expensive pedals, or about people building their own from scratch. I thought maybe there was a cheaper solution I was missing.

11. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Make your own

12. the boss line switcher can perform the function and won't set you back too much. thats what i have been using.

13. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    If it's an active blend, MAYBE not. Not sure.

14. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
  15. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

The Boss LS-2 will do it for $80.
    [​IMG]

16. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp

Cheapest option there is I would guess as you can pick them up second hand for $50-$60

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    late to this party!

anyway, the level controls are for blending?

i was looking at the instruction manual, and it seemed to me that when a loop is switched on, you don't get a clean signal running parallel.

how does it actually work?

18. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    i built my own
    it works wonders

19. Any more info? Did you make it up / Use a plan? Website? :)

20. you just have a to run a short patch lead from the send to the return of one of the channels - then you can blend in the level of your 'clean' signal.